Our facility’s waiting room includes a children’s area that includes books, toys, puzzles, and movies. Supervised children are welcome to watch a movie, read, or play while waiting for a patient.
Light refreshments, including coffee, juice, and crackers, are available in the main waiting room.
When visiting our office, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Smoking is prohibited on our campus. Please refrain from smoking in the building, on our grounds, and in our parking lot.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, and other strongly scented products to our office. Patients receiving certain types of chemotherapy are very sensitive to smells; we make this request for the purpose of patient comfort.
- Please be aware that many of the patients in our laboratory and infusion suite are immunocompromised. If a visitor or family member is ill with a cold, the flu, etc., please wait for the patient in the lobby.
- If your treatment lasts several hours, you may bring food or drink with you. Please do not bring strong smelling foods – such as Chinese food, tuna fish, Italian subs, “fast food,” etc. – into the treatment room, as patients receiving certain types of chemotherapy are very sensitive to smells. Some acceptable foods are yogurt, pretzels, and fruit.
- We encourage patients to bring a family member or friend when coming for treatment. We ask that only one visitor accompany a patient in the treatment room due to space constraints.
- Please be aware that there may be occasions when visitors are asked to relocate to the waiting room due to the number of patients or the severity of care required in the treatment room.
- Please do not place any garbage, food, or drinks in the yellow “hazardous materials” containers located next to each treatment recliner in the infusion suite. Refuse containers are located at the end of each nursing station.